Get started with TiVo Stream
Find your "Start Here" poster
When your TiVo Stream arrives, locate the “Start here” poster in the box or view the poster online. It is your step-by-step guide to get your device up and running quickly.
On your iPad, iPad mini, iPhone and iPod touch running iOS 5.1 or later, download or update the TiVo App
To stream or download shows from your TiVo Premiere series DVR, you’ll need the latest version of the TiVo App. If you don’t already have the TiVo App, download it from the App Store and install it on your device now. If you already have the TiVo App, make sure it’s up to date (with no updates pending).
Connect your TiVo Stream
Verify that your TiVo Premiere series DVR is connected to your home network using either a wired Ethernet or MoCA® connection.
Connect your TiVo Premiere series DVR to an open port on your router or to an Ethernet jack in your wall using an Ethernet cable (shown below).
Ethernet over coax (MoCA)
To use a MoCA connection, you must have MoCA enabled in your home. Then, connect the coaxial cable coming from the wall to the CABLE/MoCA port on the back of the TiVo Premiere. For more information on MoCA, see tivo.com/moca.
Connect the TiVo Stream to your router and plug it in.
- Connect the TiVo Stream to an open port on your router using an Ethernet cable.
- Connect the power cord from the back of the TiVo Stream to a power source.
- Wait for the LED on the back of the TiVo Stream to turn solid white. This should take less than 10 minutes.
You’ll now finish setup on your mobile device.
- On your iPad or other mobile device, launch the app.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to set up the app and connect to your DVR. If the on-screen instructions do not appear automatically, go to the app’s Settings menu and tap “TiVo Stream Setup.”