Search by show title, episode title, show description, or person name (actor, director, etc.). The TiVo service searches upcoming TV shows and movies, web videos, and video on demand offerings (including Hulu Plus, Netflix, and Amazon!) all at the same time. You can even search for a particular channel by its network name or call sign (e.g., NBC or ESPN).
This feature is available on:
- All TiVo boxes
How to search
Know the show title, actor name, channel, or even keyword you want? Finding it is easy!
- Hide the steps
- From Tivo Central®, select 'Find TV, Movies, & Videos,' then choose 'Search.' See it
The next screen has a grid of letters. Use the arrow buttons on your TiVo remote to move around the grid, then press SELECT to choose a letter. See it
As you select letters, a list of possible matches sorted by popularity appears on the right. For example, if you enter the letters HOW, you might see matches for the TV show "How I Met Your Mother," the on-demand movie "How To Lose A Guy In Ten Days," and the director Ron Howard. Results are sorted by popularity, with more popular matches appearing higher in the list.
- Keep selecting letters until you see what you're searching for. If you make a mistake, press CLEAR to erase everything, or press REWIND to erase one letter at a time. Insert a space by pressing FAST FORWARD.
- When you see what you're looking for, use the RIGHT arrow to move to the right side of the screen, highlight the show or person name, and press SELECT to view the information screen.
- Select "Get this show" to record the next showing or to set up a Season Pass recording. See it
- From the information screen, you can also view upcoming episodes or an episode guide, learn more about cast members, and even access bonus features.
Tip: Press the "C" button on your remote to filter the type of shows displayed in your results: choose from 'All,' 'Available,' and 'Free.'
All recorded shows appear in your "My Shows" list, which you can access simply by pressing the TiVo button on your remote control twice! See it