Use the TiVo Desktop Plus software application to view photos from your PC on your TiVo box.
To view photos on your TiVo box, you'll first need to "publish" the photos you want to see. Publishing your photos means making photo files available over your home network to your TiVo box. Publishing does not copy photo files to your TiVo box, so published photos do not use any of your box's recording space.
This feature is available on:
- TiVo Roamio (all models)
- TiVo Premiere (all models)
- TiVo HD (all models)
- TiVo Series3
- TiVo Series2
- TiVo Mini
Publishing your photos with TiVo Desktop Plus
To publish the photos on your PC, follow the steps below.
Note: TiVo Desktop works with photos in the following formats: BMP, TIFF, DIB, GIF, JPG, and PNG.
- Show the steps
- Open TiVo Desktop and select the "Share Music, Photos, & Video" icon .
- If your PC has a "My Pictures" (or equivalent) folder, it will be visible on the right side of the screen. This folder is automatically published.See it
- If your photo folder is not listed, or to add photos located in a different folder, click "Add Photos." Then navigate to the folder containing the photos you want to publish. To publish a whole folder of photos, select the folder and click "Add." To publish individual photos, select them from the list on the right, then click "Add.""See it
Note: To unpublish photo files, select the files you want to unpublish and click the "Remove" button. These files will no longer be accessible from your TiVo box, but they will remain on your computer.
Viewing your photos on your TiVo box
To view photos on your TiVo box:
- Show the steps
- From the TiVo Central screen, select "Music & Photos." Then select the photos on your PC. (Your selection will vary depending on how your computer is named.). See it
- You will see any folders you have published. Do one of the following:
- To view a slideshow of photos, highlight the folder containing the photos you want to see, and press PLAY.See it
- To view individual photos within a folder, highlight the folder containing the photos you want to see, and press SELECT. Navigate to the photo you want to view and press SELECT again. You'll see options for viewing the photo, including rotating options and the option to view a slideshow of all photos in this folder. (You can also play a slideshow by highlighting any photo and pressing PLAY instead of SELECT).See it
Note: Photos display in the slide show in alphabetical order by file name.
Changing slide show options
Choose how photos display on your TiVo box.
- Show the steps
- Highlight a photo or folder and press SELECT.
- Select 'Play Slide Show' > 'Options.' The Slide Show Options screen lets you change the following options:
- Slide Delay determines the time to display each photo before going to the next.
- Shuffle displays the contents of the selected folder in random order. When this option is turned off, the TiVo box plays the folder's photos alphabetically by file name, as shown in the grid on the screen.
- Repeat displays the contents of the selected folder repeatedly. When this option is turned off, the TiVo box displays the folder's photos only once.
Note: To set slideshow options while viewing a slideshow, press ENTER.